Design and Production of International Publications
The Need - Synchronized Release Dates:
In addition to my role as designer & producer of the assets shown on this page, I was asked to evaluate and revise a process where digital publications were produced AFTER their printed counterparts were released:
- The online vendor who hosted the digital publications was expensive, and their technology made for klunky, prolonged uploads;
- Profit opportunities were lost with digital versions being launched 1-2 months after print releases, as the pages were filled with time-sensitive offers;
- Each page spread was an individual asset to be archived; in the original process, digital versions were doubling data storage needs.
My new process resulted in the following:
- As an international giant, S.E. has much leverage; we took advantage, started a bidding war, and landed the best deal with the best vendor! Their improved technology knocked off hours of upload time;
- Print/digital versions were published and uploaded at the same time—no more expired offers!
- Print/Digital page spreads were contained in layers within the same file, reducing data storage needs by 50%.
Besides being a joy to work with, Tom is a take-charge person who is able to present creative ideas and communicate the benefits. He proactively streamlined and improved process in an effort to increase speed to market.
Tom is a very talented designer, and offers special value as a true team player. He is knowledgeable about all the latest technologies, constantly learning all aspects of software upgrades and industry trends. Tom possesses a keen design sense, understands fine typography and knows how to create files that can be executed error-free for both print and web solutions.
Every time our team has had a need for extra help, or assistance with any out-of-the-ordinary projects, Tom stepped up to the plate to ensure we got the job done on time, and with high-quality results. He has also done an excellent job in one-on-one training for new employees.
I have had the pleasure of working alongside Tom Slater for 1 year in the Global Marketing department, where he has been entrusted with a great deal of responsibility.
I have had the opportunity to observe Thomas' professional skills, as well as his interpersonal style. He is consistently pleasant, and takes on all assignments with enthusiasm and dedication. I wish that all of my co-workers had his attitude. Regardless of deadlines or other pressure, Thomas always delivers. His superior organizational skills make him the consummate multi-tasker.
I will surely miss seeing Thomas around the office when I am in the U.S.